Sunday, May 6, 2012

Return to CVI

Despite wandering around Glasgow Airport for an hour last night looking for my hotel (wrote down reference number for booking but not the NAME of the hotel) I arrived sucessfully, and on time, to Boavista today.  Landed at 12:30 local time, cleared customs etc. at 13:30 and headed out to look for whales with Darren and Pedrin at 14:30.  Sea was as calm as I have seen it in Boavista - seastate 3-4 and very little swell but no whales seen, though the lads did see one blow this morning. So great to be back for my 4th time to Cape Verde searching for whales.  Humpbacks in CapeVerde do not give there secrets up easily so looking forward to long days at sea searching for whales to photograph and biopsy sample. Darren and Conor have already broken the back of this years fieldwork so I'm not under the same pressure they were but still have to show these young un's I still have something to contribute !!!

Simon Berrow

No comments:

Post a Comment